• Each restaurant has a pin on the map.
• The color of the pin represents the current wait time.
• Click on a pin to get more info.
• Depending on the zoom level and settings, the name of the restaurant may be displayed below the pin.
The Map is the easiest way to look for restaurants nearby, across town, or in another city.
• Click on pins to bring up the Details pop-up for more information.
• To pan around the map, click & drag the cursor on the map area, or use the circular pan control on the right edge of the map.
• To zoom, use the +/- zoom control on the right edge of the map.
• To see a street view, click & drag the street view icon to the location of interest.
The List on the left side of the page is another way to look for restaurants.
• Scroll the List using the scroll bar.
• Click on any list entry to re-center the map on that restaurant, and bring up the Details pop-up for more information.
• The List's sort order and filtering can be changed in the Filter pop-up.
Each entry in the List contains:
• The restaurant's name
• Distance from your current GPS location
• Wait time for restaurant, and bar (if available)
• A pin icon showing the restaurant's status
The Details pop-up provides more detailed information about a restaurant.
• To display the Details pop-up, click on a Map pin or a List entry.
• The title bar shows the restaurant name and is color coded to the current wait time.
• Click on the "X" in the top-right corner to close the Details pop-up.
• Move the Details pop-up by clicking & dragging the title bar.
• Resize the Details pop-up by clicking & dragging from one of the edges.
This section contains links to the restaurant's website, Twitter page, and Facebook page. If these links are available, the icons will be blue and you can click on them. If these links are not available, the icons will be grey.
This section provides more detailed, real-time information from the restaurant.
• Favorite – Allows you to select this restaurant as one of your favorites. You can filter the Map or List to look at only your favorite places using the Filter pop-up.
• Wait Time – Current wait time for restaurant, and bar (if available). Some restaurants provide separate wait times for party-of-2 and party-of-4, while others provide just one general wait time.
• Updated – How long ago the wait time was updated by the restaurant.
Basic information about the restaurant, including:
• Cuisine – type of food served.
• Phone – restaurant phone number.
• Email – restaurant email. Click on this to send the restaurant an email.
• Address – restaurant address.
If the restaurant is currently running a promotion, it will be listed here.
Any specials the restaurant is offering will be listed here.
The schedule shows the hours of operation for the restaurant. It may also show the hours for various menus (breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, happy hour, late night).
More about the restaurant – straight from the restaurateur to you.
The Filter pop-up contains settings that affect the way the Map and List are displayed.
• To display the Filter pop-up, click on the Filter button, select Filter under the Map menu, or click on Filter at the bottom left corner of the page.
• Click on the "X" in the top-right corner to close the Filter pop-up without saving changes.
• Click on the "SAVE" button to close the Filter pop-up with changes saved.
• Show – restrict the restaurants to be displayed:
• All – Show all the restaurants
• Favorites – Display only Favorite restaurants (as set in Details pop-up).
• Promotions – Display only restaurants with promotions active (star icon).
• Happy Hour – Display only restaurants currently having Happy Hour (clock icon).
• Cuisine – When set to a specific cuisine (Italian, for example), only restaurants with that cuisine will be shown.
• Default is "All".
• Names – When "On", restaurant names will be shown on the map when zoomed in. When "Off", restaurant names are never displayed on the map. Default is "On".
• Blue Pins – When "On", blue pins will be displayed. When "Off", blue pins will not be displayed. Default is "On".
• Sort Order – Determines how the List is sorted:
• A to Z – alphabetical order.
• Short Wait – wait time from short to long.
• Long Wait – wait time from long to short.
• Distance – distance from your current GPS location, from near to far.
• Default is "A to Z".
• Party Size – Some restaurants provide separate wait times for parties of two and parties of four. If separate wait times are available, selecting "4 People" will cause the wait time for a party of four to be displayed. If separate wait times are available, selecting "2 People" will cause the wait time for a party of two to be displayed. If no separate wait times are available for a restaurant, this setting has no effect. Default is "4".
These options allow you to look at restaurants in any State, City, and Neighborhood – regardless of your current GPS location.
If you don't see a particular State, City, or Neighborhood in the list – it means TablesUp is not yet available in that location.
• State – Select which state you are interested in.
• City – Select city within state.
• Neighborhood – Select a particular neighborhood within a city. "None" means look at all the neighborhoods in a city.
After selecting a home location (State, City, and Neighborhood), then you can quickly go to that location by pressing the "Home" button on the Map. The home location is designated by a blue flag on the Map.